What has WSWG been doing this month?
- A big thank you to Shonagh Moore forcreating our Window on the Woods graphic for promoting the WSWG Vision: Eco-Forestry for the Planet and Forest Diversification for People.
- Another big thank you to Shonagh forproducing the door-drop leaflet for the WSWG Community Consultation which your Royal Mail postie will deliver to you in the coming weeks. Keep a look out for it!
- Distributing acorns! Updates later.
- Attending an on-line training session fromthe Community Woodlands Association onrunning a Woodfuel enterprise.
- Ongoing work by the whole WSWG Teamto consolidate our plans around this vision
for our community and our local environment.
- Our new Shadow Board members and volunteer advisers contributed lots of extremely useful feedback on the Feasibility Study, so many thanks indeed to them for this invaluable input.
- Zoom meeting with Jim Lee of Energy4All regarding various avenues for working together in future.
- Attending an on-line webinar “Shaping Scotland’s Treescape” run by Edinburgh Conservation Science.
- Continued development of new WSWG website which will be ready for the launch of the WSWG Community Consultation on 22 February. New website address: www.weststormontwoodlandgroup.scot
What’s coming up next?
The WSWG Community Consultation will run from Monday 22 February to Friday 19 March. We are seeking your views on our forest management plans and community well-being proposals, which include many ideas that have come from our members and supporters over the past two years. Please view our Plans and complete the Survey Monkey on our new website. Let us know what you think. We need your views to make this happen.