2018 saw the background work progress well for the WSWG Project. Throughout 2019 we need the whole West Stormont community to help decide what we would do with the woods if we owned them. That means you, your family, friends, neighbours, colleagues, commuting buddies, schools, businesses, community councils, development trusts and any other individuals, community groups and networks who would like to see WSWG’s idea come to fruition.
What Can You Do?
- Become a WSWG Member today. Join the FREE MEMBERSHIP SCHEME on our new website www.weststormontwoodlandgroup.org.uk Joining WSWG is the biggest thing you can do to support the project at this stage. If you would like to get more involved or help with events and other activities, you can let us know on the Application Form.
- Help us involve the community in your part of West Stormont. We are specifically but not exclusively looking for people from the Bankfoot, Murthly and Luncarty areas to be key WSWG links in those communities, and ideally who would be able to join the Steering Group.
- User Surveys. We need to do “gateway surveys” at both woods over the next few months to see who uses the woods, how they get there and how far and often they come. Would you be willing to help us develop and organise a group of volunteers to carry out this task for the WSWG Project?
- Like and Follow WSWG on Facebook. Help fill the WSWG Imaginarium on our website with your ideas, hopes and messages of support and the Gallery with great photos.
- Look out for WSWG events you can come along to over the next few months.
What has WSWG been doing since the last Community Update
- WSWG is now a constituted “Community Controlled Body” and are applying for a bank account
- We are now members of the Community Woodlands Association www.communitywoods.org
- Our network is widening – Strathtay Action Partnership, PKAVS, Spittalfield Active RecreationSports Hub, Care and Wellbeing Co-op, Stanley Stitchers, Forest School and other local businesses
- Attended seminars and workshops on Community Asset Transfer, Stirling and Perth
- Developing our Community Engagement Programme and fundraising plan for 2019
- Consortium of consultants chosen for Feasibility Study, Business Plan and community consultation
- Continuing with Neighbour Survey visits
- Publicity in Perthshire Advertiser, The Bridge and P&K North Perthshire Locality Newsletter